Looking for Funding Ideas that Work?
These are ideas that other schools use regularly to bring Mark in, and one or a combination may just work for you.
- Grants, Reading Foundations, etc. (ie,Target, Wal-Mart, etc..)
- General and Special Use School Funds
- Fundraisers (Book Fairs, Wrapping Paper Sales)
- Education Partners (Business Sponsors)
- Arts Council Grants - In NC, Mark's programs are Arts Council friendly and fundable through Grass Roots. He is on the approved Artists in Schools roster for the Asheville Area Arts Council and the Fayetteville/Cumberland County Arts Council. In South Carolina he is permanently named to the SC Arts Commission Roster of Approved Artists. All of these organizations make grant funding available to their schools.
- Cultural Arts Funding PTA/PTO
- Title 1 (Please notify us if you plan to use Tittle 1 funds so that we can help with the usage guidelines.)
- Student Admission ($1.00 or $2.00) This could even be a fundraiser with a large student body.
A Favor: If Mark is speaking for your school, and more than 150 miles from home, he'll more than likely be spending the night in the vicinity the evening before. And always staying over the night of, if he's presenting a Family Reading Night for you. If you should have an arrangement with an area hotel, please let us know as this helps with travel costs which you know are always a great expense.(For instance: If one of your parents operates a hotel or a hotel partners with the school by donating the night or significantly discounting it, please do let us know.) Suitable hotel types are Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Fairfield Inn, Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Bed and Breakfast Inns or the independent equivalents. (The rule of thumb if you like it, find it safe and would stay there yourself, then Mark probably would as well.)
Please understand, this is not a requirement, however if you have this option available, Mark is delighted to take you up on it. Thanks so much!